Wednesday 30 September 2009

The Mission.

To try something new every day, whether listening to a record that I have never heard before or talking to a pretty girl I have never seen before, I must experience the unexplored.

I will also document my attempts to sort out my life (need a job, some company, a sober mother* etc.) and progress in my creative endeavours.

I am 21. By the age of 25 I wish to be free of debt, working, acquire the necessary items I will need for the rest of my life**, organised and in a position to explore the world around me. I figure to work within before seeking out the exterior. I am a practising vegetarian but I wish to become vegan in these 4 years as well as attempt at least one marathon and be healthy and fit enough to finish it. I am thinking of giving up alcohol for fear of becoming my mother. Lastly I propose to finish at least 1 novel I am proud of (getting it published is a different matter).

Lastly, to enjoy myself and make the lives of my friends, family and I easier and happier.

1 comment:

  1. *I'm not sure I can have much of an impact here trying to help her from rampant alcoholism to actually controlling the problem. It also depresses the hell out of me to try and help and fail spectularly because she doesn't seem to want any. But she's my mum.

    **I figure if I can save up and buy proper furniture, the sort of stuff that has already made it hundreds of years and so will be able to make it through my lifetime, I will never have to go through the monotomy of Ikea replacements and redecorating. A man only needs one wardrobe, one desk, one armour, one chair, one bed for a lifetime; no matter where that lifetime is lived. If I am to stay fit and healthy and presumably the same weight for the rest of my life then I would also like clothes that will last me at least a decade. I figure well tailored suits never go out of fashion, a couple pairs of shoes and trainers (both fashionable and for exercise), a sturdy coat and some 'easy' clothes for lounging or exercise. All I will need worry about then is underwear. The same goes for cutlery, crockery, kitchen appliances, a watch, bookshelves and the books themselves. Then I will only be left with the trivialities of age, decadence, technology and whims.

    ReplyDelete