Tuesday 13 October 2009

13 Rocktober 2009




I finally finished Nabokov's Lolita. It was incredibly dense and could only be read in short passages. That is not to say I disliked it, in fact, I found it breathtaking. So rare is such superb prose. If I was ever to write a sentence or a paragraph to match the wordplay of ol' Vladimir, I will die reasonably happy. All of this done in a different language to his native Russian. Really it just puts everyone ever in the history of the world to shame. God knows what I am going to listen to next.

Carried on with my funk and jazz escapades. Saxophone Colossus by Sonny Rollins, In a Silent Way by Miles Davis and Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band. I have little to add other than they may be three of the best things I have ever heard.

I'm apprehentious about going to the doctor tomorrow and admitting I have problems. Last time I went to ask, I didn't say that I needed therapy.

Find myself bored in the daytime no matter what I do, I really need a cheap hobbie like a dirty ignorant girl or knitting or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment