Friday 2 October 2009

2 Rocktober 2009


I tried meditation again. 14 minutes and unenlightened. I insist on carrying on though and may attempt to read up on technique soon enough. (Of course I am not attempting enlightenment, that would be stupid; peace of mind and an uncluttered thought process are my aims although I don't know if that is any more realistic.)

More jazz! Joe Henderson's fast, cluttered breaks annoyed me this morning and had me flustered when I tried in 'n out but I will certainly try other Henderson records and maybe even come back to him in the future.



Currently I am jamming Freddie Hubbard's Breaking Point and I am fucking loving it. The bass (Eddie Kahn, definitely a name I will try to recognise in the future) hits right and the odd drumming (Joe Chambers), especially on 'Far Away' is killing me dead. This is one fucking immense record I will return to in the future, played loudly.

Mentioned to Amanda about going to Plymouth for Adam's birthday in January.

Applied for my first job in months! Only a shit temp phone job, but still, it is something! The ball is certainly rolling, as they so say.

Beer and chinese food not good for the diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment